Sunday, September 07, 2008

sweet as pie

Yesterday morning Ben and I finally had time to go to the farmer's market down at the train station. We got some delicious fruits and veggies. A big ole basket of peaches were calling my name and demanding to be made into a peach pie.


Peel and cut up 3-4 cups of peaches



I used Pillsbury premade pie crust, sprinkle flour on bottom of pie crust and put into 9'' pie pan



Depending on sweetness, add 2-3 tbsp sugar (for really sweet peaches) or 1/2 cup sugar (for tart peaches). 3-4 Tbsp Flour. 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Pour over peaches and mix together. Then pour into pie pan


Dot with butter


Put second pie crust on top, pinch edges together, cut slits in top, and sprinkle with sugar


Bake 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees

and ta-daa! a peach pie!

serve hot with vanilla ice cream and you're sure to have a hit! I didn't get to take a picture of it once it was cut because there were 3 guys over hanging out with Ben and it was gone before I knew it!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

YUM! It's been forever since I've had peach pie, which I love.
It looked beautiful, and I'm sure it was delicious!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Looks delicious!

And I snagged those shoes at ON on Friday with my 40% coupon for $12!

Rae said...

YUM! I made a peach pie last week and bought more peaches to make another one this week!! I ate 3/4 of the pie myself! Your pie looks much prettier than mine. I'll have to work on that!

Rivekkah said...

You finally went! I'm so jealous! And you won't be home on a Sat in forever. I'll have to drag someone else down there with me.... :)

Rivekkah said...

Oh and the pie looks delicious!!!!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

That pie looks soooo good. When can I come over a snatch a piece.

Feell free to pop over to mine and say hello.