Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Check, Check!

Alright, I can now check it off my list. I saw Sex and the City last night. It was good - except for the nudity! One of my friends pointed out that since it's been playing on TBS for the past few years I'd probably just forgotten how much nudity the HBO version had. Well the thing is that I never saw it on HBO so I never knew it had nudity! Oh well - I'm just glad my mom wasn't sitting there with me. She would not have approved! (love you mom).

I can also check off being afraid of going out on an appointment alone! Yesterday I had 3 meetings scheduled. The first was to take a proposal or quote by to a customer. I had no issue doing this alone because it was basically just reading it to her. The other two were new customer appointments. Basically what I do here is go in and asses what the customer's needs are, and try to make her like me enough and convince her that our machine is what she needs until she agrees for a quote. Well I'm not 100% confidant with our products yet, and I really didn't have a clue what to ask so my manager was supposed to go with me to these meetings. The first one was at 1:30p and he text me at 1:00 and said "still in meeting. you're gonna have to do it alone." WHAT? FREAK OUT! But I put my big girl panties on and went into the meeting acting like I knew exactly what I was talking about. My second meeting was at 2:30p and since I didn't hear back from manager I just assumed he wasn't coming so I did that one alone to. Of course right as I'm pulling out of the parking lot after the 2nd meeting he calls and says "Where are you? Im in the lobby." Sorry dude, you're late. Anyway, I must have impressed them with my "knowledge" (or BS) because they both asked for quotes. yay! I am not longer afraid of going to these meetings alone now. I DEF had more to learn about what to say and ask, but my confidence is boosted 100% now.

Today I'm on the office making follow up phone calls from all the cold calling I did yesterday in between meetings. Bleh.

Hope you're all having a great Hump Day! :)

No comments: