Friday, June 13, 2008

Plum tuckered out...

What a long day yesterday! I arrived to work a little early because I knew it would be a crazy day. I have a quote out right now and the girl is making me work! She emails or calls every hour with a question or comment... All I can say is I better get that sale or I will not be a happy lady. Anyway! I got to work early so I could work on stuff for that, and do a few other things. Then I had to leave around 9:00 to meet Ben at the lawyer's office. He closed on his house yesterday, and I felt it was my duty as a good girlfriend to be there and support him. okay, okay - I just can't stand not knowing what's going on.... After he closed we went and had a celebratory breakfast at the Bagel Company then it was back to work for me. I busted down doors yesterday, sweating my butt off, and I'm not sure I got any real leads. I keep hearing my manager say "it takes 100 calls to make a sale." Yea yea, I'm not okay with those odds. I stopped by my Aunt's house on my lunch break and she gave me this.



Seriously? Do I look like I want a University of Tennessee bag? She did it as a joke because she knows I can give a flying rats patoot about UT while my dear ol' boyfriend thinks UT hung the moon and told the stars when to shine. I can just picture us going to a football game this fall and Ben saying "you need to use that bag Aunt D gave you." never gonna happen! I told her I'd use it as a trash bag in my car. *Thanks Aunt D, I appreciate the gesture*

After work I hightailed it home, changed, then went and started loading boxes from Ben's apt into the truck. Ben's roommate has this big truck that he is letting us use while he is out of town. It was a HUGE help last night! We got three good loads taken over to the new house, and the kitchen stuff unpacked and put away. We started at 5:30 and finally stopped around 11:00p. I was nasty from sweating all day, then all night, and exhausted from hauling boxes up and down stairs. But I'm so proud of Ben! I know he is so happy to have a house, but at the same time I don't think he can believe he owns his very own house! Congrats babe! I'm super proud and excited for you!!! I'm going to do my best to take some pictures this weekend while we work so I'll try to post those soon.

Well friends, it's Friday and I've got a ton of work to do so I better run. I hope you all have very wonderful weekends! Think about me while I'm covered up in paint and boxes! For those of you here in town, give me a call and stop by! We will be there all weekend!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

That does sound like a crazy day! I hope you had a relaxing weekend to rest up! And that is so exciting about his house!

Hope you are having a great Monday!!

Pretty in Pink said...

Oh gosh, that bag is hideous, but yet hilarious looking. What city are you in? Tell me you're close to Memphis.. that would be awesome!