Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April showers

It's raining.... again. For the past 3 or 4 weeks it seems to have rained just about everyday. Todays rain has brought quite the storm! 2:30p and it's so dark it looks like it's 8:00p already! Someone just came in and said the power is out down most of the street. Power outages? Hmmm.... that could mean a short day at work! But let me not get my hopes up. I am definitely ready for the May flowers that all these April showers are supposed to bring!

The beach trip has come and gone. We had beautiful weather the whole weekend. Sunny, warm, and crystal blue water. The water was way too cold to get in, but it was beautiful to look at. We stayed on HWY 30-A right outside of Sea Side, Fl. It was great staying there because we were in the middle of some beautiful beaches and got to see a little of it all. Our first day on the beach we went to Rosemary Beach. Here are a few pictures from that day. (Well, on second thought... the photo uploader seems to be on the blink right now so I will have to add the pictures later. ) Saturday we spent the day at Sea Side, enjoying the beaches and great little shops. It is a quaint little area and a fun place to visit. On Sunday we were fortunate enough for one of the girls friends to invite us out on his boat for the day. We went out to Crab Island and spent most of the day hanging out there or just cruising around. It was a lot of fun!

The thing I enjoyed most was just getting to catch up with old friends. One of the girls was my college roommate and we are good about keeping in touch. I don't get to see her on a regular basis so I loved getting 5 days with her! The other two girl that went with us were also friends from college, but I haven't seen or talked to them in 5 years - we had a lot to catch up on! And one of my favorite reunions was one that happened on Monday while on the way home. Linz, my old roommate, and I rode together down to the beach. When we lived together in college there were 2 other girls that lived with us, and we had completely lost touch with one of them after she transfered 5 years ago. Linz ran into her a few months back, so we were able to get in touch with her again. Anyway - on our way home yesterday afternoon we got to stop and have lunch with her. It was soo great catching up! She is married and has a precious little girl now. I as amazed and saddened at what all I had missed out on. I hate I missed out on those events that happened in her life, but hopefully from this point forward we will be able to continue our friendship and stay in touch better.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

No comments: