Monday, April 28, 2008

Mixed Emotions

The weekend has come and gone once again, and here I am sitting at work contemplating the meaning of life. Okay, not really, but I do have a lot on my mind. But I'll get to all that in a minute. First I'll tell ya a little about my weekend.


A few friends and I threw a baby shower for one of our "soon-to-parents" friends on Saturday afternoon. Baby showers are a department that I'm not quite an expert in just yet. Wedding showers and Bachelorette Parties? I'm a pro, but baby showers are a whole other thing. So with this being my first baby shower to help give, I was a little lost in what to do. My friend, Amanda, and I decided that we should try our hand at making a diaper cake. I've posted the picture to the left for you to see.... and if I must say, it turned out pretty stinking good! It's a little of center, but hey - I'm still pretty impressed with us. *High-Five Amanda*. So besides the fact that the cake we ordered for the party didn't get made because someone lost the order at the bakery - the party went off without a hitch. We had a good turn out, and I got to spend some quality time with friends I rarely get to see. The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. Ben was down in Talladega at the Nascar races, so I had a girly weekend all to myself. I was hoping to get to spend some time out by the pool, but mother nature had other plans and it rained all day. Oh well, that's just how it goes I guess.

I think for the time being I'm gonna keep the other thoughts in my head to myself, but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to share with you what's going on. :)

No comments: