Thursday, April 24, 2008

T.V. Land

Whoo hoo! Tonight, my life is complete again! I really only have 2 t.v. shows - ok maybe 3 - that I really keep up with and "have" to watch. The first is Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Now, if I miss this one it's not the end of the world. But if I'm at home, I'm watching it. I call it my weekly cry. It's a feel good show, and I love watching it. Second and third on the list are Grey's Anatomy and LOST. That is not in any particular order, because they are both equally important. Grey's has been off the air for quite sometime now so while I'm very excited it's back - I've almost forgotten where it left off. I'm sure I will be much more gung-ho after watching tonight's episode. But LOST is a whole other story. For those of you that watch LOST, you can understand my slight addiction. Others probably think the show is weird/dumb/makes no sense (I've heard 'em all) and wonder why in the world I watch it. And that is an answer I can not give you. But I'm hooked - and PSYCHED that's finally coming back on tonight.

I started watching it with my friends Taylor and Amanda when the very 1st episode came on 4 years ago. We all started watching it together and it became an event for us to all do together. Throughout the years the group has changed a lot. Amanda still drifts in and out from time to time, bringing her husband with her. Another friend, Sarah, joined us for awhile, Andrew was there for the few short months he lived in Memphis.... the group is forever changing, but two people remain the same. Me and Taylor. Opening night and season finale's are usually huge parties. We do have rules though: 1. no talking until commercial breaks. 2. if you've never seen the show - don't ask us to explain, it will take too long. And we always do dinner. 9 out of 10 times we cook something - and that's always fun, planning the menu and such. Tonight we're having cedar planked grilled salmon, grilled veggies, and brown rice. Yum!

Are you addicted to LOST as well? What are your predictions of what's going on with the show?

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I'll never forget seeing one of the first episodes and thinking how stupid the show sounded with a polar bear on a tropical island. Amazing that was nearly 3 1/2 years ago.