Monday, April 14, 2008

Catching up

First things first: Do you like the new look of the page? Yeah, I know much hasn't changed but I did get bored at work the other day and change the banner at the top of the page. The only problem with it is that I don't have photoshop at work so I couldn't actually create a decent banner. So until I get around to fixing it at home, you will just see the HTML code on the title bar at the top of the page. Oh well, it will do for now.

So the weekend has come and gone once again. *sigh* Why do they always seem to fly by so quickly? Two days at work seems like an eternity while two days away from work are here and gone before you know it. At lease I had a fun and productive weekend. Friday night a group of us went to the opening game for the Redbirds. We had a good time despite the fact that it was freezing! Baseball isn't supposed to be cold - neither is April! This weather is driving me nuts. Anyway, after the game we went to EP's to hear a friend of a friend's girlfriend sing. ( did you get that?) She is in an 80's cover band and they weren't half bad. Saturday was spent getting a leak in my windshield fixed, taking a shopping trip to Easy Way for some fresh fruits and veggies, then meeting up with Ben to go make an offer on a house! Yep, that's right.... he's finally decided on a house. A few weeks ago he decided which model he wanted, he was just waiting on a corner lot to become available. As soon as one popped up, he made an offer. They have of course counter offered w/ a much higher price then he put in, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that they will be able to meet Ben in the middle.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful, but relaxing. Church, naps, a little cooking and cleaning, then it was back to the grind at work today. At least this week will be a short week for me. I'm leaving on Thursday to go to Destin, FL for a few days with some girlfriends from college. I'm super excited! So I think I can handle only 3.5 days here at the office. Speaking of which, I better get back to work.

Happy Monday Ya'll!

No comments: