Wednesday, May 07, 2008

blogging - bloggers - blogged

Who ever knew that this world of blogging could easily become so addicting? I find myself sitting here at my computer everyday, scouring the blogs of people I do not know. Many of them I don't even know where they live.... It's like I've become addicted to the lives of these mystery people and I just have (not literally) to know what's going on in their world. It's not that their lives are that much more exciting than mine, but I find myself checking various blogs all day to see if they've updated. And it is inevitable that I will look over at their list of blogs they frequent, and I will find another one that interest me thus making my list of daily blogs even longer. It also amazes me as I read these other blogs at how much they have to talk about! So maybe their lives are more interesting than mine. The most exciting thing that has happened to me today is I got my oil changed. Whoopty doo, right?

But I was thinking today about the actual blogs that I read - some of them are mom-blogs; mom's writing about the various adventures they go through from day to day and telling cute stories about their kids. Others are wedding blogs, or blogs about cooking and photography. Now, I clearly don't have any children or and I'm not getting married anytime soon, but I still enjoy reading these. I can't relate at all but it doesn't matter - for some reason I keep coming back. Does that make me weird? I also like reading blogs about people that actually are in the same place in life as I am. It's reassuring to see other people my age (or older) struggling with the same things I struggle with, and it's refreshing and encouraging to see them come out on top - it gives me a sense of "yes, I to can do this!"

You're probably thinking "wow, Mindy. get a life!" But until I have a job where I'm not stuck in front of a computer all day, I will live vicariously through the lives of others :)

2 comments:

Rivekkah said...

(PS: I do the same!)

Ellen said...

I'm new to blogging myself, and it IS sooooo addictive! I have always been interested in just people in general -- what they like, where they live, what they do for a living, etc. I started my blog because I'm trying to get back into my writing more, and I also thought it would be a good way for friends and family around the globe to keep up with me. My eyes have really been opened to just how huge blogging is!