Friday, May 02, 2008

May Already?!

Wow, where is this year going? I cannot believe it is already May! I guess it's true when they say that the older you get, the faster time flys. 1 more month and we're halfway to Christmas! But you know what's great about May this year? Tax Rebate/Stimulus! I got mine today - all $600.00. I know we're supposed to go out and spend the money - putting in back into the economy, but I paid off my credit-card with it. That just seemed like the more responsible thing to do. What are you planning on spending yours on? I hope it's something more fun than a credit card! But hey - no debt is a great thing (well it sounds nice. I have no idea what it actually feels like. Student loans anyone?).

Thank goodness it's FINALLY FRIDAY! Memphis in May is upon us and of course -it's gonna rain. I guess that's why Music Fest is also known as "mud fest". Blah. But the good great news is that my best girlfriend from home, Jessie, is coming to town! She won't be getting in until late tonight, but that leaves us with a few days to hangout and be crazy together. I'm so excited I can barely stand it! I haven't seen her since September, and that's just too long! There are a few good bands playing this year, but nothing that I'm ecstatic about! Here's the line up for this year.

I'll do my best to post some pictures when the weekend is over.

The bridesmaid dress saga is still continuing. I've called the shop where the dress is from to speak with the owner/manager about the problem. She wasn't there, but called me back later. Of course when she called me back I wasn't around. I've since called and left several messages but haven't received a phone call. I'm debating whether or not I should just go up there w/ the dress and try it on for them and say "look. this is what you ordered me. Now fix it."

Oh - one more thing. I FINALLY reached my mini-goal of 25lbs! The first 22 came off relatively easy, but man-oh-man have I had to work for the last 3! Now I've just gotta keep ,y butt in gear and try to get 25 more off!


No comments: