Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

And I'm back! Back in Memphis - back at work - back to blogging....

My weekend was great! Despite having a horrible/miserable cold, everything was perfect. We flew into DC late Thursday night where Ben's parent's picked us up at the airport. It was neat driving back to their house because we got to drive past all of the monument's which were all lit up. I've been to DC several times, but for some reason I never tire of the beauty of the monument's and buildings. Every time I see them I can't help but think about the history that has taken place there and the thousands of people who have helped mold this country that have walked those very same streets. Ok- moving on...... the rest of our weekend was fun. There was eating, some errand running, eating again, a visit to Arlington Cemetery, eating, a Washington Nationals baseball game (where I caught a ball. go me!), eating, more eating, and some partying. In case you somehow missed it - we ate A LOT! And unfortunately for me, Ben's family is not real keen on lowfat/fatfree foods. We had donuts, eggs, sausage, steaks, potatos, bagels, eggs, bacon, burgers/hotdogs, etc.... I gained 6lbs this weekend. I kid you not! Don't get me wrong - the food was DELICIOUS and I took full advantage of all the yummy (bad for me) foods, but boy oh boy do I have to get serious this week!

My brother and his wife and son also live up in that area so I got to spend a good bit of time w them. My SIL (sis- in-law) and Nephew were out of town until Sunday so my BB (big brother) paled around with us. I don't really get to spend a lot of time with them since we live so far apart so of course I loved every minute of it. I did get some time in with my SIL and nephew on Sunday night and Monday. My nephew is 7 months old now! wow - he is getting so big! I could seriously eat him up!

I did learn something new this weekend though. Never fly if you have sinus congestion! HOLY CRAP! I'm used to a little pressure when flying, but on the way up my left ear was killing me. I thought it was going to explode! I kept halfway expecting blood to start dripping out of it at any moment. sorry, that's gross. But the pain went away after about 10 minuets. The descent down was a whole other story. This pain was about 100 times worse than it was going up. I feel so bad for Ben because I'm sitting there crying because it hurt so badly and there was nothing he could do. He kept reaching over to hold my hand or try to console me in someway, but all I could do was sit there w/ my fingers in my ears and cry. Yes, I'm a baby, I know. It lasted about 30 mins that time. Even 2 hours after we got off the flight it still felt as if I had a cotton ball stuck in my ear, and when I pushed on it I could hear the liquid in there. GROSS! I called dear old dad, who is a doctor and he said I had an ear infection. The pressure from the plane caused it. Ugh! So now I'm on antibiotics to try to heal that up. Oy! It's a never ending process!

But I've been off work for several days and I'm pretty far behind so I better get back to work. Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Rivekkah said...

Yay! I'm glad that you had fun and that you made it back safely!

Ellen said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! I'm right there with ya about the extra pounds I have to lose. I just wish I didn't like to eat so much :p