Friday, May 09, 2008

They accepted!!

the offer on the house! WHOO HOO! Ben put an offer on a house early Wednesday morning. We weren't sure when we'd hear back, but our realtor called Ben right after work yesterday and said they accepted the offer! I'm so excited, and happy for Ben! Closing is June 13th, which seems like an eternity from now but I know it really isn't. AGH! :) :)

He was really cute when he told me about it. We had been in a little tiff yesterday, so when he came to the house he came and sat by me and we talked and got everything straighted out. Then he got up and went into his bedroom - when he came back out he said "sit up".. confused, I sat up right as he opened a bottle of champagne and it spewed all over the place, and he yelled "WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!" the only thing my dumb self could say was "Whoa! Not on the couch!" (referring to the champagne). But we hugged and did little happy dances. I can't believe it's finally happened! I feel like we've been looking for 3 years - it's actually only been about 4 1/2 months. I'm just ready for them to hand over the keys to him we can get to decorating! I have a feeling Ben isn't gonna let me have too much say so in what goes on w/ paint colors and all but that doesn't stop me from suggesting (strongly) what colors I think he should paint everything.

I can't believe it's finally happening!!

1 comment: